Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shopping Puts me in a Good Mood Down Here

As I mentioned at the end of my last post, shopping is something I usually hate, but lordy, it actually puts me in a good mood down here.

When we got to Olympia and got set up and got the dogs walked, etc., it was time to go get some groceries.  I was tired and bitchy after all day on the road, so I dragged myself into the Super Walmart there, prepared for torture.

As I started rushing around the food aisles picking up essential food items, the burden started to lessen.  Look over there, the package of 24 hotdog weiners we bought at Cooper's last week, it's $1.99 here.  Crap, the Just Lemonade that I love is $2.50 for the $4.29 size at Cooper's, which is why I never buy it at home.  And they have a larger size, twice the amount, for $3.88.  And this is Washington State, where prices were higher than Texas last year, and the smaller-sized lemonade was $2.50 there when we left in April.

Butterball turkeys, the real McCoy, $.99 cents per pound; a 24-pack of Coke in cans for $4.99; frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts, $6.99 for 14 nice-sized pieces.  I can't go on.  I have to make a run to the store and get happy :)

No comments: